Tuesday, October 24, 2006

100 Things Not To Do Before You Die


I have just booked a room-with-a-view (of the nearby bustling motorway) in one of England's many suicidal, peri-metropolitan commuter towns. There, in the dark, dreary and deafeningly silent confines of my loney lodgings, I shall count down the seconds of Friday night until the appointed time of 'the Great Exam'. My only companion through those long, painful hours - 'till at long last the Saturday sun burns up the hazy gloom of an autumnal morning and I make my way to the crumbling District General - will be this ever-present, expanding sense of dread that gnaws at my entrails like a pack of hungry rats. Well, that and a litre bottle of cheap gin.
Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dr Vegas said...

Good luck. I ordered room service the night before my exam and it was delicious. Go on, spoil yourself! May the Fawkes be with you.

12:54 am  
Blogger Kate Mc said...

You got it. Best of luck! (And you might want to save the gin for afterwards... ;-)

4:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wished you luck, but didn't post it.
Good news? Bad news?
Hope you're OK and that the gin hasn't got to you.

9:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home